Taxi drivers, area knowledge certificates and language requirements


From October 1, 2017, passing a P endorsement courseand areaknoeledge  is no longer required to drive a passenger service vehicle (i.e. a vehicle that takes paying passengers e.g. taxi, bus, coach, etc). Course providers must not issue any P endorsement certificates after October 1.

You are still required to hold a P endorsement, though. Drivers must have held a full New Zealand driver’s licence for at least two years before they can be granted a P endorsement.

No further driving test is required to get the P endorsement (previously a driver was required to re-sit a full licence test if it was more than 5 years after they had passed their last licence test).

 Make a booking

Improve your chances of passing your practical test by learning to drive with the professionals at Top Gear Driving School

Make a Booking
Our feedbacks or testimonials
For Fast response  Ph / TXT : 027 287 9893
 How do our students fare? Most people who take our Package lessons pass their driver's license test(updated 2018):

Type of Licence

Pass Rate

Full standard 100%
Overseas conversion 100%
Restricted license 98%
Heavy vehicle 100%
Motorbike 100%





  I Want To....

....Do Driving lesson
....Do Driving Assessments.

 if you dont see your requirements listed ,please contact us and we will look at introducing a programme specific to your need.



Our Top Instructors